Second Arba'ilu International Conference on Syriac and Sureth Studies (2nd AICSSS)
21-22 June 2023, Erbil, Kurdistan-Iraq
"Documenting and Reviving a Mesopotamian Indigenous Language"
Themes of the conference:
- Comparative Linguistic Studies.
- Studies in Aramaic, Syriac and Sureth Literature.
- Studies on Syriac and Sureth Manuscripts.
- Syriac Biblical and Patristic Studies.
- Semitic Computational Linguistics.
Information on the conference:
- The languages of the conference are Syriac, Sureth, and English. Besides, Arabic can be used for those whose mother tongue is Arabic, provided that the abstract is translated into English to be distributed to a foreign audience.
- All abstracts (maximum 300 words) need to be submitted no later than the 20th of March 2023.
- Acceptance letters will be sent within two weeks after receiving the abstracts.
- Full papers need to be emailed to the conference coordinators, Dr Kawther N. Askar email@example.com and Dr Salam N. Hakeem firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th of May 2023 so that they can be included in the conference proceedings. Presenters need to also send their CVs to the conference coordinators.
- The presentation of each paper is limited to 20 minutes, in addition to 10 minutes for discussion.
- The registration fee will be $100 for the auditors (attendants without papers) and $50 for the speakers/presenters, which includes accommodation and meals during the two-day conference in addition to a copy of the book of proceedings.
Registration will start at 8.30 am on Wednesday 21/6/2023, at the Cultural and Social Center of Salahaddin University-Erbil, and The conference will open at 10 am and will end on Thursday evening, 22/6/2023.
The conference also offers a visit on Friday to the Scriptorium Syriacum for Syriac Manuscript preservation, the Syriac Heritage Museum, and Erbil Ancient Citadel. However, this event is optional and it requires a separate fee payment of $25, which includes transportation and two meals.
If you need any assistance in obtaining a visa and/or have any concerns regarding travel to Kurdistan-Iraq, please do not hesitate to contact us (Dr Kawther N. Askar email@example.com and Dr Salam N. Hakeem firstname.lastname@example.org). Salahaddin University will do its utmost to help you in this regard.